Now that the Administrative Tool is available in QC-CALC v.3.2, you can control all
sorts of settings and privileges centrally. One convenient setting is the ability
to control all the updates within your shop from one location. This keeps all of
your QC-CALC copies on the same revision number so there is no confusion about which
ones have been updated. This update functionality has existed on a per copy basis
since QC-CALC v.3.0, but now you can control it centrally with the Admin Tool.
Below we are setting QC-CALC to automatically check the local file server for updates
whenever it starts. Once you're finished, all you have to do to update all your
copies of QC-CALC is download the update from our website and copy it into the server
location ("M:\QC-CALC\Update\" in this example). The next time each copy of QC-CALC
starts, it will automatically update itself to the version found on the server.
Now your versions are in sync.
How To Do It
- Go to Administrative Tools > Manage User Groups. Type your admin
password and click OK.
- Choose a group to manage and click Manage Options.
- In the Settings screen that appears, choose the Update section
in the left hand list.
- Select Every Time Program Starts in the list at the top.
- For Update Patch Location choose Local File Server and add a path
to a shared directory.
- Check Run Update without User Interaction if you want the update
to run silently.
- Lock the settings by clicking the hand icon at the bottom and then clicking each
of the settings so they are purple.
- Click OK. This group is now controlled by the update on the server.