Downloading an Evaluation
All software evaluations are fully functioning for 30 run days.
We never disable
features in an evaluation version or it would make it impossible for customers
to evaluate them.
30 Run Day Definition
When you begin evaluating software from Prolink, you may notice that it seems
to last longer than 30 calendar days. This is because we have adopted a
progressive evaluation license that only counts a day each time you start
the software on a different day. Therefore, if you launch the software for the
first time today and then again two weeks from now, you will still have 28 days.
This method prevents the evaluation from expiring before you have a chance to
fully evaluate the product. It also does not count weekends or holidays against your evaluation period unless you run the software on those days.
Exceptions to the run day licenses include all applications that run as a Windows service. Those applications (currently including products such as QC-Mobile, QC-PLC, and Enterprise Data Loader) will use traditional calendar days as the evaluation period since they run continuously.
Purchasing and Licensing Software from Prolink
All software from Prolink is a 30 run day evaluation version
of whether it is from the website, CD, or memory stick. When you purchase software from
Prolink, you are purchasing a key to switch the evaluation license to a permanent license.
If you order a CD/Manual with your purchase, we will
send you a CD with an evaluation version that will still need to be activated with an activation code.
Therefore, if you are evaluating the software and decide to purchase it, there
is no need to download anything further. Simply activate the evaluation on your
machine and you are ready to go.
Software Return Policy
The following details Prolink's return policy for any software created and sold by Prolink either to dealers or directly to customers. Software sold through a dealer may be subject to additional rules and restrictions between the dealer and customer that are not related to the rules below.
Software License Agreement
- Prolink's software or licenses can be returned or exchanged (in value) for other software within 90 days.
- There is no restocking fee charged for an exchange within 90 days.
- After 90 days, software is no longer eligible for an exchange.
- All exchanges made are based on the value paid of the purchased software applied against the current value of the software desired. For example, 2 copies of QC-CALC Real-Time can be exchanged for 2 copies of Enterprise Report Scheduler provided the difference in cost is paid.
This agreement defines your rights to use software produced by Prolink. Installing or using Prolink's software constitutes your acceptance of the terms of this agreement.
Prolink agrees to grant and you agree to accept this license to use the software program, including the accompanying text and the trade secrets embodied in the program.
- QC-CALC Real-Time software is licensed for use with a single inspection machine.
- Copies of Prolink's software may be made for archival or backup purposes only.
- All site licenses (limited and unlimited) are intended for use at one physical location. One physical location is defined as a single factory or factory building in the case of a campus unless otherwise agreed to by Prolink.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to track the location of their software licenses internally. Licenses can be moved from one computer to another without charge using the Deactivate button on the licensing screen and providing the deactivation code to Prolink support. There is no limit to the number of moves as long as the customer provides a deactivation code.
This agreement is effective from the date this package is opened, or from the date the software is used, whichever is earlier, and shall remain in force until terminated by destroying all copies of the software. Failure to comply will void all warranties and subject the user to the maximum penalties allowed by law.
We guarantee the material of the media containing the software is not defective, the software program is properly recorded on the media, and the accompanying text is a complete copy containing all material appropriate as of the effective date of the license. We make no representation or warranties that the software is error free or that all defects, if any, can be corrected. As a condition of this agreement you accept all risks arising from the use of the software.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
The above is a limited warranty and the only warranty made to you. It is in lieu of any other warranties, expressed or implied. In no event will Prolink be liable for incidental or consequential damages, even if it has been notified of the possibility of such damages.
If a license is lost (unable to generate deactivation code) due to hardware failure, IT refresh, etc, Prolink allows the re-activation of the lost licenses free of charge for up to 10% (rounded) of total copies owned per company location (does not include shared licenses from another location) with a minimum of 1 license and a maximum of 15 licenses per year. For example, a customer owning 1-14 copies would be allowed 1 re-activation per year. Likewise, a customer with 160 copies would only be allowed 15 re-activations of lost licenses. Any re-activation of lost licenses beyond the limit is chargeable at the current re-activation rate. Total copies owned is defined as the total copies of chargeable software across all product types.
You agree to indemnify and hold Prolink, its employees and agents, harmless from and against all loss, cost, damage, liability or expense arising from any liability imposed by law upon Prolink.